The FC 4 is a low cost, small capsule, true condenser microphone with transformerless discrete low noise class-A electronics. The 20 mm, 3 um gold-sputtered diaphragm has a cardioid shaped polar pattern and a great sensitivity. The characteristics of the FC 4 are ideal for many recording and live situations. It will catch the crispness of your favorite guitar, every detail of your acoustic piano, the complexity of a clean electric guitar, the raw power of distorted amps, etc.
We have equipped the FC 4 with high-pass filter and pad switches. This also makes it suitable for loud sounds and even vocal recording. Every musician and studio have use for a couple of FC 4´s. The small capsule cardioid condenser mic is one of the most basic mics for recording. The FC 4 is truly a great sounding and very versatile microphone at a very low price!
- True condenser mic with 20 mm, 3um gold- spurred low distorsion dual capsule mounted on an effective internal shock mount.
- Low noise F.E.T. as first amplifying device.
- Discrete class A electronics and transformer- less balanced output stage.
- External switches for high-pass filter and pad. - Heavy duty brass body.
- Shock mount included.
- Goldplated XLR.
- Requires 48V phantom power.
- The FC 4 MC: Three polar patterns: Cardioid, HyperCardioid and Omni gives you several ways to model the sound. The room pick-up, proximity effect and the tonal response changes with the different patterns.